Information for Students
Salon Uniform requirements
(to be worn to every session)
- Nails must be short and neat
- Smart professional Salon tunic top any plain colour/style -there are many stockists via the internet and prices start from approx. £10 ( Google "beauty / massage tunics", Simon Jersey is one you may like to look at)
- No rings or watches to be worn while carrying out any practical therapy
- Smart trousers (no leggings/jeans or jeggings please) either black or to match tunic top when bought as a set, can be cropped for summer
- Smart flat shoes/flip flops (summer)
- Hair off face and tied back
- Discreet jewellery plain wedding band only no other rings, watches or bracelets when doing a treatment
- A cardigan may be worn during cold weather
*Whilst training with us we supply all the tools and products that you need (with the exception of nail extensions/lash extensions) This means you do not have to bring your kit backwards and forwards to class. Also, you will never need to buy a big expensive kit that you will hardly use. All you will need to purchase are products that you want to use at home.
Products and tools for home use
The supplier that we use is Ellisons we order from them on a weekly basis if you look on their website (www.ellisons.co.uk) and wish us to order you anything in let us know (saves you delivery charges). We can only accept cash for this service.
There is also Capital at Gillingham and Sally at Gravesend and Bexley. We can give you a letter so you can get a trade card.
Don’t forget the internet as some of our students have picked up very good deals from here.
We ask that you arrive at college 10 minutes prior to the start time of your session and bring with you all your paperwork in relation to your course. If you do not bring all your course work to every session you may not be able to complete the course. You will be given a set date for work to be handed in any work handed in late will incur a penalty charge of £10
If for any reason you miss a session (sickness/childcare etc) you can purchase another session at an hourly rate of £30 per session when available.
Limited parking is available onsite.
Models for Assessment
For your assessment, you will need to be working on a paying client (our models pay a nominal fee of £5 per treatment).
We do have a list of clients who are happy to model so are able to supply some models for assessment but you will need to supply a model for the waxing unit assessment and supply your own models for nail extension/lash extensions