We are changing the way therapists are educated in the treatment of clients with cancer. In the past it has been taught that this is a contra indication, we aim to change that and be inclusive.
We are pleased to announce after much planning, research, preparation and consultation with our medical associates our new Oncology courses. We have two workshops specifically designed for working therapists who would still like to continue treating your clients diagnosed with cancer and other life threatening illnesses
Each workshop is designed to educate the therapist with the knowledge needed to work safely with clients during and after their cancer treatment.
This course is a prerequisite to the VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Providing Therapies for Clients with Cancer or other Life Limiting Conditions that you can progress onto after completing this part of the course.
This is a fully accredited course and you will be issued with a fully insurable certificate upon completion of the course.
The workshops are full day 9.30am-4pm
- The morning workshop is designed to educate the therapist with the knowledge needed to work safely with clients during and after their cancer treatment. We cover oncology theory , health and safety, insurance implications and product specifics
- For the afternoon workshop you choose one of the options below -but check which treatments are available for the date you book.
- Adapting your massage when treating a client with cancer
- Adapting your Reflexology when treating a client with cancer
There will be no formal assessment for this course at is a post graduate course for working therapists
You will need to hold the relevant qualification for the workshop you wish to attend.
Registration & Fees*
Course fee – £250 (The cost of two text books are included in the course fee value £29.99 and £12.99)
£195 for Allen and Walden students that have gained their Reflexology or massage qualifications with us previously.
There are no additional costs
Course Start Dates
July 5, 2019: 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
Although this course starts on the date(s) listed above, or if no dates are listed, other dates are available on request.
* All prices are correct at time of publishing, but are subject to change.