We have changed the way therapists are educated in the treatment of clients with cancer. In the past it has been taught that this is a contra indication, we want to change that and ensure therapists are trained properly to be inclusive. When we developed this much needed course there were months of planning, research, preparation and consultation with our medical associates who worked along side us. This course is taught to the highest standard and by very experienced Lecturers all experts in their field. We have several workshops specifically designed for working therapists who would still like to continue treating your clients diagnosed with cancer and other life threatening illnesses
Each workshop is designed to educate the therapist with the knowledge needed to work safely with clients during and after their cancer treatment.
This course is a prerequisite to the VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Providing Therapies for Clients with Cancer or other Life Limiting Conditions that you can progress onto after completing this part of the course.
This is a fully accredited course and you will be issued with a fully insurable certificate upon completion of the course.
The workshops are full day 9.30am-3.30pm
- The morning workshop is designed to educate the therapist with the knowledge needed to work safely with clients during and after their cancer treatment. We cover oncology theory , health and safety, insurance implications and product specifics
- For the afternoon workshop you choose one of the options below
- Adapting your massage when treating a client with cancer
- Adapting your Reflexology when treating a client with cancer
- Adapting facial massage and skin care techniques when treating a client with cancer
- Also check our henna brow course, under eyebrow treatments on our website. Great for women who have lost eyebrows due to chemotherapy treatment.
There will be no formal assessment for this course at is a post graduate course for working therapists
You will need to hold the relevant qualification for the workshop you wish to attend.
Registration & Fees*
Course fee – £199 (The cost of two text books are included in the course fee value £29.99 and £12.99)
£175 for Allen and Walden students that have gained their Reflexology or massage qualifications with us previously.
There are no additional costs
Course Start Dates
February 11, 2020: 9:30 am – February 12, 2020 3:30 pm
Although this course starts on the date(s) listed above, or if no dates are listed, other dates are available on request.
* All prices are correct at time of publishing, but are subject to change.